26 June 2023

Craft Roulette #169

Wow this turned into a real challenge. I decided really early on with the see-through that I would finally have a go for real to use my Window Frames stamp set by Simon Says Stamp. This was the monthly kit in February 2020 and guessing I bought this just before we went into lockdown, which seemed a long time ago now. I never got around to using it at the time and have taken it off to crafty weekend retreats with great intentions to use it but invariably it returns home looking brand new and not used :(

It is a very different stamp set with 3 frames; one with flowers which I have used, one with balloons and one with hearts. At the time we got a trio window die in the kit and a square shaker trio pouch (MFT). The shaker pouches are probably long retired but I'm glad I bought 3 packets worth as I'm off to my annual Craftirific girls crafty retreat next weekend and will definitely make more cards now I've finally inked the stamp set.

Unfortunately it doesn't come with a die to cut out the images so time to get fussy cutting. I coloured the flowers up in more earthy tones, which equates rustic to me and I even used Crunchy Leaf ink from Lawn Fawn to make the stems etc a pale brown which is an alcohol ink friendly ink. I do love and LOL at Lawn Fawn names of their colours.

I was looking at stencils for hexagons and I had 6-sided dies but to be a hexagon each side is the same length and same angle as I was thinking I could add  the sentiment onto a hexagon die to discover I don't own a hexagon die when I Googled what is a hexagon. I did know they were six-sided I just hadn't realised they had to be symmetrical. So it now has to be a stenciled background OR what I used which is stunning DSP called Golden Honey Specialty (SU!). 

I had a bee in another old SSS monthly kit wearing glasses (as apparently glasses especially sunglasses are fashionable) but decided my wee flower frame would suit a trio of wee bees including the Queen Bee wearing her very fashionable golden crown. I've coloured in the crown with my Signo gold gel pen and a few wee hearts.


I have also used some long retired Sequins for Everything (SU!) which come in a variety of colours and shapes including more hexagons. I have added Prisma glitter (LF) to the bees' wings. The bees come from Lawn Fawn's Hive Five set and the sentiment "thanks for bee-ing there" is from Bee Yourself  (SSS) stamp set. The background paper comes from Spiffy Speckles DSP (LF), I was going to use a pale lemon or mid-green card stock but I find myself reaching for this pack of 6x6" DSP it seems to work with everything and I love it comes with speckles and I don't have to splatter, it's all done for me ;) The stitched detail is the largest stitched rectangle stackables dies (LF).


I used my old blending combos from when I first started Copic colouring and looking at my sheet this is my best guess what I used (darkest >>lightest):
  • Orange flowers: YR68/YR15/YR21
  • Yellow flowers: YR24/Y19/Y11
  • Darkest green leaves (bigger ones): YG67/YG17/YG03 
  • Smaller green leaves: YG17/YG13/YG03

I'm really enjoying Craft Roulette as the combo of the 4 parameters certainly makes for a different card or project than "normal".

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen