4 June 2023

First go at Craft Roulette

A couple of my Aussie virtual crafting friends post weekly their "Craft Roulette" projects and I can tell they're excited by it. This week I thought to myself lets go see what the fuss is all about and went and searched in YouTube and there's lots of episodes so I watched the one with Cathy Zielske whom I love as a crafter and I thought wow this is a really cool idea and different than my card challenges. For non-patreon entrants we have a 48 hour window to submit. I off course decide to do it on a day I have about 2 hours spare and then I'm away for 2 days.

But wow I did it I watched the show its kicks off 1130am Saturday morning in NZ, before it starts they show everyone's cards/projects from last week which I think is really cool.

The show starts off with an introduction to the guest designer, today's episode had Christopher Allen; founder of Brutus Munroe. Then about 10 minutes of highlights from last week's episode then they spin the wheel and then the 2 of them make the project. I only had time to see the spin and scribble down the parameters. Which were:
  • Project : small bag
  • Element : wheel
  • Colours: Rainbow
  • Random : Shimmer
At this stage I had scribbled on my scrap of paper: reveal wheel card, bikes, Ferris wheel, wheelbarrow but as I was wondering to my craft room I thought ohhhhh Santa carrying a bag of toys, looked through all my Christmas stamps but alas no Santa with a Santa sack :( At thiss tage thinking OMG I may have to try again next week and then I had a lightbulb moment I thought I can make a bagalope, what is a bagalope - it is a bag you make out of an envelope. One of the stamp sets I had grabbed out actually had a handbag on it and a wheel too. 

I love I can search my blog and find projects of many years ago. So big drum roll all the way returning to 2009 HERE is my bagalope project from then I had blogged and it is so cute! The blog post also links to the blog of Cambria Turnbow with step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I also blogged multiple times in 2008 "bag-a-lope" projects.  Here's my bagalope / bag-a-lope in 2023; it's amazing what is tucked away in your brain for 14 years but arises to the surface so I can make a bag project for Craft Roulette, with some tissue paper and "fake gift card" to go.


I have scored my sealed envelope at 5/8" on 3 sides. Definitely use your bone folder to work the score lines both way if you want to fold it into a bag easily. I used a stencil in sort of rainbow order to add rainbow colours plus a scrap of rainbow DSP. Bags and wheel are on the stamped image, which I have coloured up with my Zig markers very quickly. A sparkly gem plus some Nuvo shimmer pen to give me all 4 elements, easy peasy, all done in less than 1 hour it might have taken me longer to clean up the craftastrophe I made!

Supply List:
Stamps: On to Adventure (SU!)
Ink: Jet Black (LF), Versafine Clair Nocturne
Distress Oxides: Saltwater Taffy, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac
Paper: Lavinia multifarious, Granny Apple Green (SU!), Sunshine & Rainbows DSP (SU!), C6 envelope
Dies: Layering circle framelits (SU!)
Zig Real Color Brush markers: Yellow, Cobalt Blue, Dark Pink, Yellow Green, Light Grey, Blender
Punches: Large tag (SU!)
Other: Repeat Rainbow stencil (TE), Hugs and Kisses gem stickers (HB), Nuvo glitter gloss pen, white gel pen, blending brushes (TE)

Well after typing that supply list I can see why my Craft room looked a mess as I also had out a few other stamp sets, which are on another table not snapped.



And the Craft Roulette parameters should you want to join in too:


I really enjoyed making a project/card with 4 parameters - it really helps focus you. I also liked that it's good to just go with the flow and KReate. So if you can't join in this week do have a go another time.
✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So happy you've joined the FUNN - it's a great way to find and use stamps you'd forgotten about, and really gets you thinking 'outside the box' sometimes. Your project this week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne - it really is all your fault but know I'm going to love it <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen