25 June 2023

Is it time to get outdoors??

Being Winter down under I think the answer is no, unless you like to ski but it's summer time in the Northern Hemisphere and I am delighted to announce I am the guest designer for AAA Cards current challenge to share a Clean And Simple (CAS) card showing outdoor activity.




So many possibilities and I worked out pretty quickly what I wanted to do but I wasn't that happy with my first go and ended up repeating the card. I really didn't like seeing the Copic bleed behind my front panel trying to make it a single layer card and it wasn't intense enough as I only did one layer trying to have minimal bleed through.

So once I had decided that it had to be a separate panel I then could use my Xpress IT blending card stock which made me happy.



I made a mask of the wee balloon from Lawn Fawn's Fly High set which I put on top of my coloured balloon so I could stamp the wee clouds "behind" the balloon. I have chosen my colours of orange, blue and green as I really like the 3 tents in the inspiration photo. I am trying to add more definition to my Copic colouring by using a white gel pen. The wee pennants I have added some Prisma glitter to them.

Copics used (darkest >> lightest):
Orange:  YR07/04/02 and Y38/35/32
Brown: E37/33/31
Blue: B05/02
Green: YG23/21

Here's the card up close:

And with my first attempted card:

Do check out all the other fab cards at AAA Cards and you have TWO weeks to submit a card, so we'd all love to see what you can come up with too.


Thanks for popping in.

✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card and sorry, never thought about your season down there, but yeah skiing is outdoors too ;-) Thank you for being our wonderful Guest Designer this fortnight at AAA Cards Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen