15 June 2023

New Stampin' Up! catalogue has launched

I had a fabulous Sunday at the Gordonton Hall on Sunday with 2 of the local Waikato demos Rayleen Baker (from Gordonton) and Irene Wardlaw (from Te Awamatu). These two ladies always have amazing cards with lots of fancy folds. It's a really relaxed day, we take our own lunch and get pampered with everything else being handed to us to create with. 

I'll just post the cards in maybe my favourite order, the first has to be the Lemon-Lime Twist card with the Zany Zoo DSP. I was devastated when they retired Lemon Lime Twist (it was an in-colour) as I love lime green, and when younger a lot of my clothes were lime green. I was still a demo when it retired and I was one of many demos who used to regularly chant in demo forums "bring back lemon lime twist".



Isn't this just fun and I love the "theatre" the Zany Zoo dies also has as part of the die set. These images all come from the DSP, some of them are coloured, some of them you colour up yourself. Some have matching dies, some do not and you have to fussy cut out. We have coloured up the images with SU! watercolor pencils, I used to own both sets but when I stepped down again last year I gave away my sets to the 2 ladies I attended the crafting day with but I was really happy how easily it was to colour them up with the watercolor pencil and a blender.


This card uses the Cheerful Daisies bundle and daisies are my favourite flower but I personally found the die cuts tricky to get out and would like to try the set with a metal shim before I bought the set but I loved learning how to make a curtain fold as an accent, it really is a stunning card.

Now the following cards are not really my vibe but I like the folds a lot, I just don't like fussy flowers or darkish cards.



I'm not sure what kind of fold you call this and I don't think Rayleen or Irene knew what it was but it was pretty fab and I actually surprised myself how much I loved the DSP we were working with. It's called Countryside Inn and a mixture of blues to white with wee small animals on it, mine has a wee bird, but I saw foxes and bunnies on other papers. The stamp set was Seasonal Branches.

The next card is a pretty cool design and I know they're trying to show of the new in-colours released this year but I personally don't like the colours and the motorcycle doesn't stand out enough IMO but it is a cool die as was the In-colour Lustre Specialty paper, which I was nearly tempted to buy as so luxurious looking.



Colours in my motorcycle are Boho Blue and the background card is Pebbled Path.

Last but not least this was amazing, a "seagull" card, it was so easy to put together but also so hard thinking back. The "wings" wrap around the front of the card too. We've used Petal Park stamp set and Inked Botanicals DSP.



Well what a fabulous day, lots of crafting done, introduced to what's new with SU!, lots of gossip and I learnt some new techniques. If you'd like to know more please contact Rayleen or Irene directly to attend a class, a home workshop or a future event. I have linked their names to their e-mail addresses I hope, in the first paragraph.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen