13 June 2023

Time to go to the beach...

Just not in New Zealand at the moment, we seem to have a polar blast hitting us at the moment but it was lovely to colour along and play with beachy things and think of Summer.


AAA Cards has a beachy inspiration board for their current challenge which looks amazing and the water looks so warm (sniff). I have been inspired by the red bucket with yellow and green accessories lower LHS to finally colour up my beach girl from At the Beach  stamp from CTMH. This is a fab stamp set but their stamps are a bit on the big size to me. I guess so they can make ephemera for scrapbook pages but when your best friend is a CTMH consultant sometimes you just have to support them and buy really cool stamps and dies.




My card has a lot of stuff, hopefully it's clean and simple enough but I have wanted to colour the girl in her sarong up for ages, so I sea-zed this opportunity to do so.

My background panel was created through a Watercolor Wash stencil from MFT. I used Gina K masking magic to make the mid-way border. The sea is all distress oxides: Cracked Pistachio, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers. Spritzed with water, wait a few minutes, blot off. Then I made a wee wash with the Peacock Feathers ink and splattered with a no. 4 paintbrush. When dryish, time to blend in the sand with Antique Linen distress oxide and then splattered with Tea Dye distress ink wash.

I did all my blending on Lavinia Multifarious Smooth and Supreme paper it's great for blending and is WHITE and quite a heavy weight. I then used the deckled rectangle in the Mix and Match Frames from Altenew.

I stamped the girl from At the Beach using Memento Tuxedo Black to XPress IT blending card stock and coloured in with my Copics. Colours listed below (darkest >>lightest).

Straw Hat: YR31/30
Hair: E44/43/41/40
Skin: E11/00/000
Red: R29/35
Green: G09/05/02/00
Yellow: Y08/06/02/00

I have stamped the sentiment from another CTMH set Voice of the Sea and the wee shells are from Lawn Fawn On the Beach using Gathered Twigs ink from Pinkfresh Studios. 

Anyhow this is a fun challenge as either it is summer where you live or you're like me wishing it was ;)
✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Love the vacation vibes :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen