19 June 2023

Inspired by a photo to go "Botanical"

I am really late to enter the latest Lawn Fawnatics challenge which closes today but these challenges are great as they make me use stuff I buy and there is a small possibility I might win the $50 USD gift card to spend in the Lawn Fawn shop and as there is a new release next week and I think I want the lot but can't afford the lot it's silly not to enter.

OMG my card turned out so much better than I could have ever dreamed. I have used Lawn Fawn's Pearlescent vellum which I love, love, love to die-cut out a Spring Flowers backdrop which I have loosely coloured up with my Copics to match the bright pinks and yellows in the inspirational photo. I have die cut outa Giant Happy Birthday from Guava card stock which I adhered to my Neenah White #110 base card first then laid my coloured vellum overlay on top. I love this vellum as well as being shiny it also doesn't seem to show the glue underneath. I then added a few daisy die-cuts from the Secret Garden Window die to the HB die-cut. I have added a shimmer pen to the paper daisies to match the pearlescent backdrop.


Copics used:
Yellow: Y13/15
Green: YG05/09
Pink-red: RV14, R46


I have mentioned before about the trick of using an old mail bag with bubble wrap in it to run underneath your card stock with detailed dies. I wish I remembered my tricks when cutting,  see the difference below but at least the wasted piece (sniff) could be my practice piece to see what the colours looked like on it before committing to colour the good frame.



And the photo-board that inspired my card:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen