22 June 2023

Take one stencil

and add some Jenn Shurkus creativity and you get 3 amazing backgrounds. I'm continuing on with my Virtual Creative Art Retreat Journey with Jenn.

Newton's Nook kindly donated for our box of goodies a very cute stamp set called Newton's Hanging Basket and a Quatrefoil stencil. Jenn created 3 different backgrounds using the stencil which added an amazing background for a small-medium image by itself. One of the things I'm really enjoying about this event is that Jenn is mixing and matching all the products for each card, just like we do at home.


The first card I blogged about all it's details HERE, the other 2 cards I'll blog and share more about them in the coming days but today's post is about the stencil and the stenciling.

All the blending has been done with Distress Inks onto Distress White Heavystock apart from the fox card which has been blended directly onto a card base (I use Neenah Solar white #110 for my bases) and it's not as smooth a blend but still really effective background and there is nothing to stop you from blending again onto a blending cardstock (I normally use Lavinia Smooth and Multifarious or Bristol Stathmore).

The original rainbow card has had a rainbow blended starting with the yellow in the middle on a slight diagonal, then we laid the stencil over the top and added a darker layer. The fox's rainbow is just  stripes with a light hand in stripes and again we started with the yellow in the middle.

For the middle card we used one ink and blended an upside down C, then blended another ink through the stencil to give a new colour. As this is a paid class I won't share the colours used but play with what you know and love or you can sign up to just buy the resources now (online 30 page handbook and approximately 12 hours of videos).

Jenn demonstrated and used Picket Fence's Paper Pouncers which she says she loves for fine stencils as you're not blending in circles to move the fine stencil lines as you're actually pouncing down and it looked real easy IMO. I had purchased recently from Krafters Cart some Altenew small blending tools which I used and I think they did a great job, they come in a box of 4. I can tell I'm getting arthritis in my wrists and these seemed like they might be easier to blend with was the main reason I thought I would try them and I think they worked out really great.





✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. Sun fun backgrounds! They are each just perfect with the images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen