29 June 2023

First go at ink smooching a background

The next installment on my Creative Art Retreat Journey with Jenn Shurkus and I finally had a go at smooching with Peacock Feathers distress ink and a cellophane bag to make a "watery background" for this absolutely adorable fox in her flamingo, Jenn had provided for this card the Dotted Scallops coverplate (PFS) on Distress Watercolour paper (RNG) PLUS all the stamped images which had been die cut out and the wave border. All I had to do was Copic colour, ink smoosh and stamp the sentiment and construct. I'm loving this stress-free easy KReating. 

I'm happy with my background but can see Jenn gets more spots with dark edges so more practice needed. I am also wondering if maybe I had too much ink on my bag as I only have mini Distress inks so I might have smooshed too many times or I didn't spritz with enough water but the background still looks fab. The delightful stamp set is Make a Splash by Avery Elle and the stampset plus die were also given to us as part of our kit.



Prisma glitter has been added to the shadows and the wave edge plus the fab sequins from Trinity Stamps used again. In our bag we received there are clear and pink ones but I just love these and hope they are available to purchase eventually. This card is so bright and cheery it certainly makes me smile.
 ✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen