17 July 2023

Craft Roulette #172

I am sad I missed doing Craft Roulette last weekend as I came down with a terrible head cold whilst away. I was actually looking forward to doing it with the limited supplies I had with me, I thought that would be rather fun. This week I was also away Friday and Saturday but found time to have a wee play yesterday afternoon and the card came together so easily once I worked out what I was doing for the parameters.


This week's parameters were:


The "old" element was what made me think hard, I was looking for an old truck and thought about using my On To Retirement set again which I love with the "older" people images when I had a brainwave, well I thought it was a brainwave, Santa is very, very old. So the Z was under control, any colors was under control and my desk was a MESK after returning from SENZ and finishing of the card projects I started at classes or as make and takes there.


Once I had the general concept in my mind what I was doing I started looking through my Christmas DSP and I have to be honest I don't actually have a lot but I found a folder with the Christmas DSP from the first SU! catalogue in NZ and was going to use that, I could see Cranberry Crisp and some kind of "Thyme" calling me but in the same folder was a few sheets of beautiful DSP that I bought about that time with bright pink glitter, it was called Entwine (Bella!  Kraftastic Papers), I've used a shiny bright blue one before in cards but this was my first cut of this sheet and isn't it adorable and also very old, bought approximately in 2008. It made it easy to chose what was coming from the MESK then, I had bought a bottle of Frost shimmer Spray at SENZ, I use my Sparkle shimmer spray a lot but it was the first time I had seen a Frost version, and its an opaque shimmery white, perfect for snow.

To match the Kraft in the DSP paper my Crumb Cake card from SU! would work but I really like working with American measurements for my card making now, so I was very relieved my mixed pack of cardstock from Concord and 9th Wheat was a great match and Dragonfruit in that pack is also my brightest pink cardstock. I actually sponged the sky onto the Wheat cardstock which made it slightly darker. I've used Tumbled Glass and a tad of Salvaged Patina oxides. I then cut a few stitched hillside borders (LF) from white cardstock and used what was left on my blending brush to add a hint of blue and then added Prisma Glitter to make sparkly with my Sakura glue pen. I have used my old retired Layering Circle framelits from SU! too, so another another old thing and this is my 4th Christmas Card made for 2023.

My wee images I have Copic coloured on Xpress IT blending card stock and they come from Ho-Ho-Holidays (Lawn Fawn). 

An easy Z-card is just the front panel folded in half and you can add any shape to normally add your stamped image etc.



Up close and sparkly! Copics used (darkest >> lightest):
Bag and Santa suit: RV19/17/55
Skin: E13/11
Blues: B34/32
Greys: T8/6 and T4/2/0
Yellow: Y17

Well this turned out to be so funn, I may have to make a few more cards for my stash.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen