3 July 2023

It's that stencil AGAIN

Starting to get a bit grungy on my Virtual Art Retreat and for this card we made a brown background with "that stencil" and also made veggies good enough to eat! 

When my box arrived and I saw the bag of die-cut "realistic" veggies I was thinking what the heck, that's so not me, at that time I had no idea what was planned for them as the handout for the Retreat was not available online to see.

Well blow me down we have used brown ink to make the prettiest soil ever, Copic coloured up the fab veggies from Keep It Fresh (HA) to make them shine. We have also used the Quatrefoil stencil (NN) again and the exclusive Creative Journey stamp we received from Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous as well.


This background was created by lightly blending our first Distress ink all over the smooth side of a piece of Ranger Distress Watercolour paper. We then stenciled down the bottom of the card with a darker brown ink but in a way to not leave a line. Using the same darker ink we hand-stamped the scripty word down the RHS and along the bottom and when I say hand-stamped we are tapping the ink pad to the red rubber stamp and then stamping holding the stamp in our HANDS. We then spritzed to give drops. Let dry or heat set. When dry remove 1/8" from all sides - Jenn likes to clean up the edges and leave a wee border which we have used a Distresser tool on.


#creativejourneycapecod

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen