29 July 2023

Monochromatic Cards

I think monochromatic challenges are becoming my nemesis. AAA Cards latest challenge is "monochromatic", the last time I attempted one of these challenges I was relatively happy but felt my colours I chose were too dark. 

My first card wasn't right for this challenge so back to the drawing board, I'll show it at bottom of post as I think "I saved it from the bin". 

I actually really like take two and it's quick and easy. I've used die cuts of coordinating pinks to make an ice cream, for all of you in the Northern Hemisphere sweltering, this is something I'm sure you would enjoy at the moment.


I've added Distress Rock Candy and Prisma glitter to the 2 layers to make it look icy, I hope.


Supply List:
Paper: Blushing Bride (SU!), Flirty Flamingo (SU!), Wheat (C9)
Dies: Little Bits Ice-cream Cone (TE), Painted Enjoy (SSS)
Other: Distress Rock Candy glitter (RNG), Prisma glitter (LF)
Challenge: AAA Cards #245


Now my original idea was to mask off a circle and then apply a pale lilac "brushstroke" using my new Brushstrokes stencil from SSS and then stamp a simple flower in black but I wasn't that happy with it after the first step  ?too big a circle; ?brushstrokes too far apart; ?too dark a colour. 

But I was persevering on and looking through my stamps for a simple flower I spied my new AALL and Create stamp I picked up at SENZ a few weeks ago #842 Boots On, which I stamped on with a grey ink as I knew it was busier than my original concept. I then coloured the crocus flowers with my ZIG real color brush markers and at this stage it was going in the bin but knew I wasn't using it for the challenge. Much later on I roughly coloured it and made it colourful and I think it's quite fun and I love the stamp and the sentiment "don't be like the rest of them, darling" but maybe not with brushstrokes going through them all.


As always AAA Cards gives us lots of time to play along so you still have 8 days to join in on the fun but do check out the other cards on display, there is no doubting monochromatic can be really effective.

✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. So good!! That ice cream looks good enough to eat! Yummy :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen