20 July 2023

SENZ 2023 - mini class with Patricia and Krafters Cart day 1

Continuing on with my crafty adventures at SENZ and the Christmas card mini class blew me away. I can't believe what great value the class was ($30 for 3 FABULOUS cards) and I can't believe I managed to do it in an hour. If I'm honest I take an hour to make one card. Patricia has done all the hard work for us, she has die cut out all the cover plates, borders and so many die cut pieces, so much so she actually broke the handle on her die cutting machine.


Patricia Manhire is a very talented crafter from Lower Hutt and is on many design teams and makes the most dreamiest of cards. I probably should have come back for my 3rd day's attendance and did the other 2 mini classes she was also running as they too also looked fab. It's always a balance act to try and support the businesses you love and do the classes that speak to you. Doing classes is cheaper than shopping plus you learn new techniques IMO.

The cards are made up of Sunny Studio, Spellbinders, Pinkfresh Studio, Honey Bee and Altenew products; companies I already love. 

Onto the fun stuff making the cards we used distress oxides to colour up the die cuts. There were 3 pinks, 2 yellows and 2 greens. Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries; Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed; Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. Two of the cards we have also ink blended the layers. I added my red Stickles on when I got home to the berries, my collage shows with and without.

The cards came together really easy once the blending was done and surprisingly the blending didn't take too long at all; Distress Oxides made it super easy to blend.




What fabulous cards and I am very happy that I now have started on Christmas for 2023!! Thank you Patricia that was an amazing class.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen