21 July 2023

SENZ 2023 day 2 - Fun with Chick at Scrapbook Central

Another early start on day 2 of SENZ with the Scrapbook Central crew.

I was rapt that before my mini class at 10am with Chick Mitchell aka Inky and Stampy that she was running a make n' take on the Scrapbook Central stand. I have to be honest this is the only make n' take I made and I actually love it. The dotted background has been dry embossed using one of their own brand Celebr8 stencils and the brown embossing mat, We have then ink blended Peacock Feathers and Speckled Egg distress oxide in places, leaving gaps then spritzed with Frost Shimmer spray and left for approx. 20s before dabbing off excess with paper towel. Dried with a heat tool. The die cut leaf comes from the Sissix set Skeleton Leaves. Last but not least the thankful comes from a Celebr8 laser cut embellishment, there's normally a dozen or so words on an A2 panel and also has been sponged with Peacock Feathers and spritzed with the Shimmer Spray. When I got home I mounted the wee tag up on another Kraft rectangle and then tried to use my Just Stitched Double rectangle dies but unfortunately it was a tad too big. I couldn't trim down the original make n' take tag as I had all the embellishments stuck on top so I distressed the edge a bit so you can just see the outer stitching winking at you. This is a fab thank you card and I think I'm going to have a go at making a bunch. I love the details in the skeleton leaves so bought the die set.


Then it was time to start on the fab mini class, this was the reason I stayed on as "Lawn Fawn" plus "Copic colouring" I was in! 

I love the way Chick has created interest by using a shimmer vellum under the white puffy clouds. We have ink blended the background with Distress inks again and she also did it differently than I normally do; in a nutshell we only wanted about half of the card blended and rather than doing layers we have blended various blues in no particular pattern in small circles but also blending into each other, then spritzed with Shimmer Spray (I only had the Sparkle one before but now also have Frost). The wee Hello die cut comes from Memory Box. Then the large balloon from Lawn Fawn's Flying High stamp set has been coloured in with BGs and C markers. I really like the grey stripes, it's different. Chick also provided us with full instructions and alternative balloon colouring. This is the second class I have done with her (I did one last year at SENZ 2022 too) and really enjoyed that one too. 



Well I feel like I got 2 cards for the price of one and love them both, the tag took about 15 minutes to make. Huge thanks Chick for some more fabulous card projects.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen