26 July 2023

Been too long between glimmering all the things

I've been glittering all the things lately but I saw the last Pinkfresh Studio Craft Hour hosted by Jeff Lindberg showing how to make a Yaz card, Yasmin Diaz that is and I loved the fold and thought at the time that's a cool fold and even though I don't have the stamp set they were using I can play with my Small Butterfly set from Pinkfresh Studios as I was also thinking about the latest AAA Birthday Card Challenge to use "butterflies".


Now the fold they taught in the video and it maybe worth watching (it's only an hour long) is really similar to a pinwheel tower card without the tower. It's a freestanding card that fits in an envelope.

Cutting and scoring: 
  • TWO pieces of white card stock 5" (h) x 4-3/4" (w), score at 1/2" and 4-1/4" - in one piece die-cut out a shape and make a frame I used my Honey Bee stacked circles to die cut out a circle and make a frame
  • Four A2 panels (4-1/2" x 5-1/2") scored at 2-1/8". Yaz used 2 colours as I did but could also use all the same colour or even white. 
  • adhere the A2 panels to the alternate colour to make "your pinwheel"

  • attach the white panels from step one


  • The only other cutting dimension you need to make note of is the pop-up bit to attach the middle circle which is 4" x 3/4"; scored at 1/2", 1", 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 3" and 3-1/2" inches.
  • you glue this "pop-up tag" either side of the score line and attach the die-cut you are using directly to it.
  • I also made the same mistake as Jeff I added my circle frame all around my opening instead of attaching only at top and bottom so the frame floats too but it's still pretty and worked.

I think you can see my shimmer and all the butterflies better here than on the actual card.


I also decorated the back of the card where you can write your message and I have some more butterflies stored for future use too.


Supply List:
Small Butterflies (PFS): hot foil plate, stencils and dies
Ink (all PFS):  Mint, Lemon Whip, Soft Lilac, Warm Buff, Doe
Paper: Neenah White #110, Lilac (C9), Sea Glass (C9), Memory Box delicate pastel glitter paper
Dies: Sweet stacks: Circles (HB), Curvy Leaves (PFS)
Other: Silver glimmer foil (SP)
Challenge: AAA Birthday #51




✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen