13 July 2023

Kai is very cool

In New Zealand kai is the Maori word for food but it's also the name of this really cool fox surfer dude by Purple Onion Designs. AAA Card challenges has a fun challenge for the dogs/puppies but they also say wolves are dogs and so are foxes, coyotes and hyenas.

My "Kai" had just landed in my letterbox so I thought yah I can ink him up for this challenge. I also tried something different to colour him up. I normally use my yellow red Copics to colour up foxes but watched a video by Kara where she used the E17/13/11 and then layered on R05/02/00 and back to the E's - OMG her colouring is magical. I'm pretty happy with my attempt (this is actually my 2nd go the first one I had too much bleed) and think it's more realistic than a YR marker.


Purple Onion Designs are red rubber and unmounted so they are actually quite cheap to buy, the downside is you have to stamp and build a scene directly which can be tricky when it's not a clear stamp or you have to fussy cut them out by hand which in all honesty isn't that hard. I have also run a Memento black marker around the edges after cutting the image out. I have made the "sand" with Antique Linen distress oxide and some splatters of Vintage Photo. I have stamped a sentiment from On the Beach (LF) with my new Pinecone Versafine ink pad and clear embossed it. I've just been up to Auckland and thought I love my Nocturne ink pad I should buy myself a brown and a navy ink too for my sentiments.
I popped Kai up on 1mm square foam from Spellbinders; I love them they give you just a wee pop up.

At least another week to join in with the fun at AAA and so do pop over to see the other really cute dog cards, they even make this cat lover smile :)





✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. So good. Great job coloring him. Thank you for sharing your work on the AAA Cards challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card with it's cute little scene! Your colouring is amazing! What a great colour combo for colouring a fox, I agree so much more realistic than the YR markers. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards, hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool indeed! love him. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Maaike yes I think he is rather cute too

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen