5 July 2023

Life is Better at the Beach

This was another fab class where we watercoloured stamped images and die cut pieces to make a sandcastle using our Distress Inks. The sand castle bits were die cut out of Distress Watercolor paper.

I've never done anything like this before and it certainly was an eye opener as to how fun, fab and fast it all was to put together. The Sand Castle Builder dies are from Honey Bee Stamps. I think they maybe from a year ago as I bought a pair of flip flop dies at that time and the stamped images come from a set Flippin' Fabulous and are sized to work perfectly with the sand castle. We received in our kit the sand castle dies plus the stamped and die-cut sentiments and shells. Glitter has been added with Matte Collage medium from Ranger and then Distress Rock Candy sprinkled on and left to dry for an hour or so. 



We've used Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso ink I'm going to have a go with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. I also forgot to add a piece of textured cardstock behind the door but I actually think it looks rather cool looking at my ink blended ocean.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen