2 July 2023

Craft Roulette #170

Only one parameter was challenging IMO. What the hell does "collection" mean on a card, it's interesting seeing what everyone comes up with to cover this parameter but it seemed most people were doing multiples of something on the card, so my teddy bear having a cup of tea at a table with a red gingham tablecloth maybe wasn't hitting the brief (I have a wee collection of miniature teddy bears, some of them cost me 100s of dollars years ago). Collecting miniature teddies was definitely cheaper than collecting stamps and took up less space!

So back to the thinking board and thought I'd use some red gingham paper to make a "table cloth" but don't own any and could have made one but found a Lemon Lime Twist gingham piece from when it was an in-colour ??2017. I love lime green so as soon as I found it that was my "picnic blanket" of choice.


One of my old SU! sets that I won't let go is Free as a Bird which fitted a collection of birds, wishing someone a Happy Birthday their way. Picnic colours (lime green gingham, blue, red, brown, lime green). I have added 3 Honey Bee black gems to the larger flowers. I have Copic coloured up the images and fussy cut out (I actually cut before I coloured in case it wasn't really possible). The stitching is Lawn Fawn's Just Double Stitched Rectangle die, I have used an A2 layer die to work out and cut out the picnic blanket layer so it fits inside the stitching nicely.



You have about 24 hours if you want to join in on the FUNN at Craft Roulette.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen