10 July 2023

Mushrooms and Terrariums

I have been away at a Crafty retreat at a friend's place and took with me lots of projects that hadn't been started as I didn't have to think too much about what to take with me. I actually achieved a lot (including the number of lollies I managed to scoff) until I got a head cold, which apart from making me feel bluh the nasal drip was interfering with bending over the card.

This project is from February's Pinkfresh Studio (PFS) Create and Connect event and those of us from down under never got our kit boxes in time, they seemed to be stuck in Germany for months which was an unmitigated disaster IMO.

I love PFS and I love there cards but I think there is a design flaw in the stencils for The Magic is in You. Stencil 1-3 are the mushrooms, stencil 4-5 are the greenery and accents and when you go to use stencil four there is nothing to align it all up with stencil 1-3 and it has to be perfectly lined up as the die cuts it all out in one pass. I was organised for my weekend away and had cut out all my layers as per our guide and the instructions for this class were just an A2 card layer needed. For starters if you do the stalk with the A2 layering guide the top of the mushroom caps are outside the A2 border so I had to use 2 bits of cardstock for each card.

For future I would cut my cardstock to match the stencil size and use my Misti to layer it all up. Saying that I think my cards turned out awesomely.
 

This class was taught by Lea Lawson and the make and take is the Terrarium (which is a stand-up card) and was designed by Heather Hoffman.


The terrarium is cut out of Vellum and gold mirror card stock, we have lightly blended the vellum terrarium with Ocean Breeze ink. Other inks used Candy Apple, Misty Coast, Rocky slope, Olive and Evergreen. Ombre glitter drops and the accents are just plain white card stock.

The Rounded and Braided rectangle die is cut directly into the card front.


No terrarium this time just 2 different layers of the rounded and braided rectangles. Ink colours Warm Buff, Peach Fuzz, Coral Reef, Aquamarine and Mermaid Cove. The sentiment comes from the Beyond Happy sentiment stamp set which we were also given as part of our kits.


This actually might be my favourite card, we have die cut 2 terrariums, 2 mirror gold bases and 2 white card base. The second terrarium die cut is scored at 1/2" from the top and attached to the other die cut to make a free-standing card. The gold base is added to front and back of the card and the white bases are added to the inners to line up with gold bases.

Ink colours used Warm Buff, Doe, Apricot, Marigold, Meadow and Emerald City.

I think all 3 of these cards pack a big wow and created with stencil set and one piece die that cuts them all out, it is actually quite cost effective too.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen