22 July 2023

SENZ 2023 - mixed media class with Beata and Create day 2

I was really fortunate to squeeze in TWO full mixed media classes with Create and Beata Higham at SENZ last weekend, one on Friday afternoon and one on Saturday afternoon. At the second class the cost also included the fab AALL and Create stamp set #898 See You Soon with the fabulous cyclamen image. You can see my blogpost about the first class HERE if you haven't already seen it.

The first card was relatively straightforward we blended our backgrounds with Lost Shadow, Dusty Concord and Villainous Potion distress oxide ink. We then stamped the cyclamen image around the edge with Versafine Clair Nocturne and also shadow stamped with  Morning Mist ink. Random stamping of the background stamp from Miniatures #756 AALL). Water splats/mist has been added with a mister bottle

We also stamped the image 3x on white card stock with the Nocturne ink. The images on the white card stock have been watercoloured using Wilted Violet distress ink and then fussy cut out and detail added with a fine white Posca pen (0.7mm) and attached directly on top of the "black stamped images". We then added a wee mouse from Cute Mouse #811 (AALL). Then a few white splats, I used my Copic white. The panel has been matted on a black mat to finish off.

I made a few boobies with the 2nd card but happy how it all turned out, we masked off an area approximately 1.5 inches from the bottom with some Post-It- Note tape and did a soft ink blend around the Post-It-Note tape. I had just purchased Victorian Velvet so I used that and Dusty Concord but I think Beata used Dusty Concord and Worn Lipstick. After blending I forgot I was supposed to protect the bottom as well as I stamped and shadow stamped the Cyclamen again in Nocturne and Morning Mist so I had a bunch of cyclamen stalks and leaves down the bottom which I didn't really like so I covered it up with some AALL and Create washi tape #40 Wordline which I think looks really good, so a good mistake to have made!!

This time we had to cut out the whole Cyclamen and watercolour up. I decided it was best to do at home and not rush it so I ended up using my Zig Real Color brush markers to watercolour up and they are very vibrant and a real pop of colour. The "taped off area" was stamped with the base of a row of Quill Pens (I can not recall whether this was a Lavinia stamp or a AALL and Create stamp) using Morning Mist ink. The wee bird came from the middle of a sentiment Quill Ends #908 (AALL) Create. Bit of distressing/cutting the border in places to show the black mat. 

I loved both the cards I made with Beata and must admit when I returned home Saturday night I was regretting not staying and doing the Sunday class with her but it was great to be home to my Pete and my own bed plus a fire!! 

Well that's the end of my SENZ classes for 2023, they were all fabulous and different. I am very thankful there were more card classes on offer this year so I "didn't have to do a scrapbook page". 
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen