18 July 2023

SENZ 2023 - mixed media cards with Beata and Create day 1

SENZ is the longest running local crafting show and I have attended every year since I discovered my love of stamping, in the early days I was part of my SU! team's stand but lately I have just been an attendee and I love to take classes with Create as they normally push me outside my comfort zone and have dabbled in all sorts of fun inky techniques over the years with Fiona Caldwell and her team.

I am rapt with how my TWO mixed media classes with Beata Higham turned out. I'll just blog about the first class on Friday I took as that is wordy enough but all 4 cards are collaged below.


The first class we ink blended a background and then using stencils we added or removed colour.

I used my own inks so my colourings maybe different but similar to how Beate demonstrated her cards.



This was the first project taught and I was very pleased we were using one of the AALL and Create stamp sets I picked up last year Friendship Florals #648. The Script stamp (Indigo Blue) is an old one from my stash, other stamps are Wild Summer Flowers (Lavinia) and Wreath Flourish Left or Right (Lavinia). I have blended the background with 2 of my Catherine Pooler inks Catching Rays and Do-Si-Do. We have sprayed a Divine stencil (Lavinia) with a shimmer spray - I think I used Golden Temple Mysticals (Lavinia) and then turned the stencil over "stamped" the lower RHS corner. The other 2 places the stencil is used I have ink blended through more pink ink on the pink background and the yellow ink on the pink background. Otherwise various texture stamps have been randomly stamped at the top with Morning Mist Versafine ink. The large sunflower has been cut out twice and ink-blended. White details have been added with a white Posca gel pen 0.7mm or white embossed. This card is very bright and cheery IRL.


The second project we ink blended a background using Distress Oxides (Bundled Sage and Shaded Lilac), this time I have used Leaf Trails stencil (Lavinia) and spritzed with water, turned over and stamped the background to remove the colour. We have then stamped the Violet #574 (AALL) directly to the background and to another piece of card. The leaves and violets have been fussy cut out and coloured with Distress Water Color pencils (Peeled Paint and Shaded Lilac). The background stamping was with Versafine Morning Mist again using Miniatures #756 (AALL), the butterfly comes from Spread Your Wings #729 (AALL). I'm not sure where the sentiments come from but the AALL and Create stamps are full of sentiments, we were given the strips as part of our kit . I have added dots with my white Nuvo at home I should have just made them on my silica mat as the ones I did on it were perfect, I have also splattered with Copic White ink.

I'll be back to share more of the fab cards I made at SENZ shortly.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen